Covid-19 is a real challenge for all of us. Especially in a cockpit. Whether you are flying in a Single Cockpit, or have a Multiple Crew Operation, you should think about protecting yourself. After several hours of flying have a closer look at the condition and functionality of your headset.
First of all it should be your own headset, secondly it should be cleaned regularly. If it´s a Bose headset we can provide you with a few useful hints and tips to clean and use it properly. Please follow the guidelines below:
Cleaning the Bose A20 headset
Gently wipe the outside surfaces of the headband, connectors, plastic/magnesium parts and headband cushion, using a soft cloth moistened with water and mild soap. Take special care when cleaning the ear cushions and the outside surfaces of the earcups.
1. Remove the cushion.
2. Place it in a solution of water and a mild detergent.
3. Allow the cushion to air dry, and then reattach.
A soft, moistened cloth or alcohol wipes (isopropyl) are appropriate for regular cleaning of the ear cushions. Do not immerse ear cushions in water or any other liquid.
A soft, moistened cloth or alcohol wipes (isopropyl) are appropriate for regular cleaning of the ear cushions.
Do not immerse ear cushions in water or any other liquid.
1. Remove the windscreen from the microphone.
2. Rinse and air dry the windscreen.
3. Make sure the windscreen is completely dry, then reattach.
HAVE YOU READ: Bose Aviation Headsets: Why TSO Certification Matters
Cleaning the ProFlight Series 2 Aviation Headset
Cleaning of StayHear+ earbuds’ tips and mesh
This deep-cleaning method is to be used to resolve audio issues. To deep clean the earbuds, follow these steps:
1. Remove the StayHear+ tips from the earbuds.
2. Apply a small amount of hydrogen peroxide (3% concentration only) to the mesh surface of the earbud using a soft cloth or tissue (be careful not to allow excess liquid to enter the open port on the earbud).
3. Let it sit for 5 minutes to allow the wax to soften.
4. Wet a soft-bristled toothbrush with hydrogen peroxide (3% concentration only).
5. Gently scrub the mesh surface to loosen and remove the wax without allowing excess hydrogen peroxide to enter the open port on the earbud.
6. After the mesh surface is clean, gently shake out any excess liquid and debris.
7. Dry the earbud with a soft cloth.
NOTE: It is recommended that protective gloves be worn when using hydrogen peroxide.
Maintain your headset with the Service Accessory kit.
If the headset removeable parts are worn out, you can replace them with the Service Accessory Kit. The kit includes a pair of ear cushions, headband cushion and microphone windscreen cover. Bose Aviation accessories are available at Bose authorised dealers in South Africa.